This is a question I’m asked in intuitive readings at least once a week. And it’s one that every person alive will ask themselves over and over again in relationship, health, finances – and in particular – with their life purpose. If they have never experienced a strong soul calling, the question then becomes frightening and even paralyzing some of the time.
I appreciate Lady Gaga’s song “Right Track” because it holds each of us in the light of intentional creation – that we were born on the right track, and that there is value in every experience and every choice that we make. Still, most women and men that I counsel would rather push that aside in favor of dissolving uncertainty and moving forward with courage and conviction.
Here’s some tips to answer your question or to carve out the time and space to receive intuitive guidance regarding your decision.
1. Can you be in the space of liminality without pushing it away? That is, can you live in uncertainty and be okay with it; as you fight the feeling or dismiss the reality of uncertainty, your guidance is minimized and your control and fears maximized. Who ever said we had to have everything figured out all of the time? (Maybe well meaning high school teachers and anxious parents?)
2. Look for messages within – can you hear a voice that may sound like your own thought but surprises you with the message or how the message is communicated? Do you see any images within your inner eye that speak symbolically to your question?Do you feel in your body a warm tingling sensation encouraging you to proceed or a pain or discomfort that seems to be warning you? These are indications of Divine guidance assisting you in answering your question.
3. Our guidance system works 24/7 – so pay attention to your dreams as much as your waking hours. Explore journalling about dreams and inner visions that are there to help assist you in “right track” responses.
4. Have a heightened awareness of serendipitious circumstances or syncronicities. These all play a large role in affirming your choices (made in your mind or in the tangible world) or gently bringing you to a choice that serves you more.
5. Most people who ask this question have some big fears attached to beliefs about themselves that aren’t so helpful. Examine fears that keep you stuck in patterns of perfection and the need to do things right the first time, or the need to have a reward at the end of the road. Surrendering to step by step guidance that is always available to you is necessary in learning to trust that you are on the “right track”.
6. Have fun, play and create. I stress this to my clients all the time because it is a form of surrender that opens their mind and heart to different ways of being; while fears settle down, the enjoyment of life and steps toward purposeful living go way up.
If you want to learn more, come and join us in a Life Purpose and Intuition tele-class or workshop – virtual or live!